- There is now a new way for OEM developers to order ribbons via .NET API. The application config file can now only be used by VC developers to order ribbons.
- A new property has been introduced in ITeachContext.HidePropertyEditorPane to control the visibility of the property panel.
- eCat is now visible on process context by default.
Improvements and Optimization
- Quick access and context menus are now available in process context.
- It is now possible to assign NULL or empty variable with Assign Variable statement.
- In process modeling, ChangeType statement now changes component node materials to match what was defined in the target ProductType.
- Updates to the help file.
Overall bug fixes
- Exporting empty geometry no longer crashes application.
- In process modeling, reading product or component properties in delay statement works always now and not just only in first simulation run.
- Exception is no longer shown when GetProperty statement references a deleted component in process modeling.
- Issue with deleting robot statements in program editor has been fixed.
- The process bar getting stuck when exporting geometry in certain cases has been fixed.
- Expressions can now access components through a property of type List<Ref<Component>>.
- Issue with process model layout simulation failing when simulation speed is increased has been fixed.
- Topology data (i.e. curve, index, faces) are now persistent when component/layout imported via mathematical data import is saved and then reloaded.
- Fixed application crash issue when importing model via topology API.
- Assigning materials to shared geometry set now updates immediately in other instances (Note: this is a feature). If the user wants to change the material of the geometry set without updating the other instances, the user can collapse the feature first and then assign the material.
- StartTransportOut output to container no longer cause application crash.
- Matrix.GetQuaternion() now returns correct values on .NET API.
- Fixed missing materials issues on some imported CAD formats.
Download the Visual Components 4.2.1 Release Notes.